The law protects the relationship between a client and a psychotherapist, and information cannot be disclosed without written permission.
- Suspected child abuse or abuse of the disabled or elder abuse, for which we are required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, we must notify the appropriate authorities.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself, we will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in ensuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, we will take further measures without their permission that are provided to me by law in order to ensure their safety.
- If a client discloses having or having had a sexual relationship with another mental health professional we are required to notify appropriate authorities.
- If a client files suit against the therapist client information from the files may be used for legal defense.